Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Welcome to AFE’s Online Scholarship Platform!
Awarding scholarships for floriculture and horticulture students is a primary function of the American Floral Endowment (AFE). We understand the financial burden students face and are here to help. Thanks to the generosity of industry champions, more than 30 scholarships are awarded each year, ranging from $500 - $5,000. We are excited to support you…our next generation of industry leaders.
Please take a moment to review the information below before completing your application.
Note: You may work on your application as often as needed by saving your work, but do not hit the final submit button until you’ve completed your application in its entirety and uploaded all requested documents.
All applications require a current email address, a permanent address, and a current address. Each student will get an email receipt of their application when it has been received.
Please note that these AFE scholarships are intended for sophomore through graduate-level college students pursuing degrees in floriculture and horticultural fields only. If you are looking for AFE’s additional MS/PH.D. level scholarships, please click here.
Please read each scholarship description to determine which scholarships you qualify for. You may select UP TO SIX scholarships. Applications with more than six scholarships selected will not be accepted.
AFE scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000. These funds are issued jointly as checks in the name of the recipient and the college or institution being attended in the fall. Students selected for a scholarship will be sent a notification by July 1 of each year.
Feel free to review the Requirements and Tips for submitting.
How to Apply
First, follow the link to create an account.
Complete ONE application online. The deadline is May 1 for all application components (online application, transcripts, and two letters of recommendation). Do not wait until the last minute. Each application and supporting documents must be written in English or include an English translation.
The following checklist will help you prepare a complete application:
- Online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Preferably one from a teacher and one from an employer. Please do not submit more than two letters of recommendation. Upload recommendations to your online application as a PDF. Letter of Recommendations uploaded or requested will be applied to all scholarships selected.
- Transcripts from your most recent school, do not need to be official. Upload transcripts to your online application as a PDF.
If you wish to submit a letter of recommendation specific for each scholarship, follow this process:
- Finalize an application for one scholarship.
- Select My Account > My Applications > Complete > Copy Application > Make a Copy
- Copy Submission into another scholarship and upload a new letter of recommendation information. All other information will be imported to the new application.
- If recommendation letters must be sent separately, email the PDF to email@example.com by the May 1 deadline.
- If transcripts must be sent separately, email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by the May 1 deadline.
- Those applying for an international scholarship must upload relevant documentation of travel plans and/or acceptance in a work/study program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com